Gallery15 Salads We Love in NYC
Salads don't get much respect—and with the too-common prospect of wilted greens, greasy or sweet dressing, and uninspired toppings, it's easy to see why. Fortunately there's no shortage of great salads in New York from talented chefs getting the most out of seasonal ingredients. But by the nature of the seasons, your new favorite salad is often gone before you know it.
Then there are the salads so good, so memorable, they've become irreplaceable menu mainstays. Here are 15 of our favorites across the city.
- Kale Salad at Northern Spy Food Co.
- Homemade Tofu Salad with Special Bonito Flakes at Ootoya
- Crispy Chinese Watercress Salad at Ayada Thai
- Marcona and Serrano Salads at Despaña
- Moroccan Carrots and Marinated Red Beets at Taïm
- Caesar Salad at M. Wells
- Spicy and Tingly Lamb Face Salad at Xi'an Famous Foods
- Kale Salad at Chuko Ramen
- Ali-Baba Salad at Chayhana Salom
- All the Somtum at Somtum Der
- Bulgar Salad at MP Taverna
- Charred Beet and Lentil Salad at Zizi Limona
- Roast Carrot And Avocado Salad with Crunchy Seeds And Citrus at ABC Kitchen
- Burmese Ginger Salad at Crazy Crab 888
- Cauliflower Salad at Mimi's Hummus
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.