Tips and tricks for making the best sandwiches at home.
There's something uniquely comforting about a big, hefty sandwich, and New York might have the world's greatest supply. But only a few can be described as super-mega-massively-Dagwood-Bumstead-esque comically large, and fewer still that actually taste good beneath their heft. When such a sandwich comes along, we believe it deserves some recognition, so here are 15 "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" sandwiches that make us brave a case of the meat sweets. See them all in the slideshow above or read more about them in the articles linked below.
- Roast Pork Club at Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Open Face Beef Cheek Sandwich at Perla
- 'The Bomb' from Sal, Kris, and Charlie's, The Sandwich King of Astoria
- Italian Special at Faicco's Pork Store
- Pork Gyro at BZ Grill
- Slow Roasted Short Rib Panini at Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria
- Pastrami at Katz's Deli
- Pastrami at Artie's Delicatessen
- Pastrami at Pastrami Queen
- Chicken Parm at Faicco's Pork Store
- So Good at Shopsins
- 'The Firehouse' at Defonte's
- Torta Pumas at Tortas Neza
- Potato and Egg on Lard Bread at Parisi Bakery
- Reuben at Odessa
- Open Face Turkey at Stage Restaurant
- Roast Beef Sandwiches at This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.