Everything you need to make the most important meal of the day delicious.
The West Village is one of New York's more receptive neighborhoods to lingering breakfasts, from busy coffee shops to lazy cafes, no shortage of all-day bistros and a wealth of bakeries. So where do we go to start the day while we're there? That depends on the mood: doughnut or croissant, French scrambled eggs or Cuban heuvos rancheros?
To cover them all, here are 13 of our favorite breakfast options in the neighborhood, whether you're looking for a quick bite or a full sit-down meal. Hit them all up in the slideshow or jump straight to what looks tastiest below.
Jump Straight to a Slide
- Steamed Eggs at Buvette
- Scones and Pastries at Bosie Tea Parlor
- Oatmeal from Oatmeals
- Old School Doughnuts at Donut Pub
- Cuban Diner Redux at Coppelia
- Toast at Blue Ribbon Bakery Market
- French Pastry at Mille-Feuille
- Granola with a Side of Charm at Doma
- Breakfast Breads and Pastries at Bien Cuit
- Quiche at Patisserie Claude
- Bread at Amy's Bread
- Bagels at Murray's
- Scones at Myers of Keswick
In the East Village? More breakfast picks this way.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.