The West Village is one of New York's more receptive neighborhoods to lingering breakfasts, from busy coffee shops to lazy cafes, no shortage of all-day bistros and a wealth of bakeries. So where do we go to start the day while we're there? That depends on the mood: doughnut or croissant, French scrambled eggs or Cuban heuvos rancheros?
To cover them all, here are 13 of our favorite breakfast options in the neighborhood, whether you're looking for a quick bite or a full sit-down meal. Hit them all up in the slideshow or jump straight to what looks tastiest below.
Jump Straight to a Slide
- Steamed Eggs at Buvette
- Scones and Pastries at Bosie Tea Parlor
- Oatmeal from Oatmeals
- Old School Doughnuts at Donut Pub
- Cuban Diner Redux at Coppelia
- Toast at Blue Ribbon Bakery Market
- French Pastry at Mille-Feuille
- Granola with a Side of Charm at Doma
- Breakfast Breads and Pastries at Bien Cuit
- Quiche at Patisserie Claude
- Bread at Amy's Bread
- Bagels at Murray's
- Scones at Myers of Keswick
In the East Village? More breakfast picks this way.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.