On this week's Ask the Critic, Carey dropped the truth hammer on cronuts: very good pastry, but not worth the line, especially when you can walk into Dominque Ansel Bakery any time of day and walk out with a superb kouign amann.
Have a question of your own you want answered? Email [email protected] with the subject line Ask the Critic to submit your question. All emails will be read, but unfortunately not all can be answered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Previously on Ask the Critic
- Are Cronuts Worth the Line?
- Where to Eat Lunch in Soho, Best Italian Combos
- UWS Date Spots, Franklin Avenue and Crown Heights
- Non-Alcoholic Cocktails; Where to Eat in Ditmas Park and South Slope
- Group Dinner Questions
- Where to Eat in Downtown Brooklyn, Best NYC Pizza
- Low-Carb Diet, Clinton Hill
- 'Classic NY' Bachelorette Party, Fancy Lunches
- Where to Have an Anniversary Dinner, Food Walking Tour Near the Empire State Building
- Where to Eat Before a Nets Game, British Restaurants
- Day Out in Williamsburg, Affordable Midtown Lunch
- Where to Dine Solo, Mother's Day Brunch
- Restaurants That'll Let You Linger, Food Tour with Mom
- Best Murray Hill Eats; How Much Do I Tip a Bartender?
- Where to Eat on the Upper East Side, Do You Send Back Awful Food?
- Where to Eat (and Avoid) in Little Italy, Midtown with Kids
- Solo NYC Dining, Birthday Brunch
- Valentine's Day Food Crawl, Best Restaurants for Kids in NYC, Great BYOBs
- Where Should I Have My Post-Wedding Lunch, Quiet Restaurants Good for Groups
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.