The Lower East Side has no shortage of booze-spongey food open late on the cheap. But some bites are better than others, worth a special trip no matter the hour. From hero sandwiches and corner slices to meatballs and steamed crab legs, here are 15 ways to eat well after after dark on the LES.
See them all in the slideshow above or head straight to a bite below.
- Pastrami at Katz's Delicatessen
- Wolf Attack at Wolfinights
- Bar Eats at Cocktail Bodega
- Meatball Parm Hero at Rocket Joe's
- Fried Eggplant at Bereket Turkish Kebab House
- Steamed Atlantic Blue Spicy Crab Legs at 169 Bar
- Congee at Congee Village
- Noodles and Roast Meat at Great NY Noodletown
- Tortas at Taqueria Lower East Side
- Grandma Slice at Nonna's LES Pizzeria
- Meatballs at The Meatball Shop
- Souvlaki, Dips, and Greek Fries at Souvlaki GR
- Small Plates and Panini at 'inoteca
- Gelato at Il Laboratorio del Gelato
- Topfenpalatschinken at Cafe Katja
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.