On the last week of each December I go through all my Sugar Rush posts from the year and think, sheeeesh we ate so many sweets this year! And then I cross my fingers and hope for no cavities. I've been Sugar Rush-ing since 2007, and only in a city like New York could you do this and never repeat a single dessert. From marshmallow apples oozing liquid caramel to decadent red velvet cakes and whisper light coconut cakes to gigantic, golden honey toast, desserts seem to only get better and even more delicious with each passing year. Click through for my picks of the top ten Sugar Rush sweets of the year, or head straight to the posts below.
- Chocolate Roses at Zucker Bakery
- Lady M's Red Velvet Cake
- Golden Toast at Spot Dessert Bar
- Marshmallow Apples at Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Croissant Bread Pudding at Pain D'Avignon
- Coconut Cream Cake at Kin Shop
- Strawberry Éclair at François Payard Pâtisserie
- Apricot Tarts at Petrossian
- Raspberry-Almond Croissant at Mille-Feuille
- Sticky Toffee Pudding at The John Dory Oyster Bar
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.