It's been a good year for vegetarian food here in New York City, where I've tasted everything from Indonesian food in Elmhurst to heirloom tomatoes in Brooklyn. Here are my ten favorite meat-free bites of 2012.
- Achari Bhindi at Benares
- Muk at Dok Suni
- Tomatoes, Melon, and Squash at Bellwether
- Lontong Sayur at Upi Jaya
- Charred Market Beans at L'Artusi
- Heirloom Tomato Salad at Carlton Park
- Bombas de Queso de Cabra at Euzkadi
- Tomato and Egg Bruschetta at Terroir
- Yum Kai Dao at Zabb Elee
- Ortalana at Max SoHa
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.