We've already told you about the heroic work some of New York's food trucks are doing to feed those hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy, thanks in large part to organizational efforts by the NYC Food Truck Association and corporate sponsors like Jet Blue and Chase. It's a shining example of how New Yorkers and the city's food community can come together to do something awesome.
But the work is far from over. Many people hit by the hurricane are still very much in need of help, which is why the Food Truck Association has started another fundraising campaign for further relief, which runs through today until midnight. It's already raised another $19,000 (and counting!) to go directly to meals in hurricane-affected areas. That's over 2,700 tasty meals, but we'd like to see that number go even higher.
So that's why we're encouraging you one more time to donate what you can. Every little bit helps, but if you donate $50 or more today, you can enter for a chance to win a goodie bag from us containing:
- A copy of the Serious Eats book, signed by the Serious Eats team
- A copy of Ed Levine's seminal book on pizza, Pizza: A Slice of Heaven, signed by the man himself
- A personalized thank you card drawn by our doodler-at-large, Robyn Lee
- A jar of speculoos (better-than-Nutella cookie spread of deliciousness) from Wafels & Dinges, one of the food trucks participating in the relief effort
- A sweet treat from Sweetery NYC, another one of the participating food trucks
- A Serious Eats reusable shopping bag to hold it all!
Here's how to enter:
Step 1: Donate the NYC Food Truck Association campaign before tonight at midnight.
Step 2: If you donated $50 or more, leave a comment on this post telling us about your favorite food truck.
Step 3: We'll randomly select three winners, who we'll contact by email. If we contact you, send us the confirmation email you receive from donating to show us the amount you donated. Note that this confirmation contains no credit card or other identifying information whatsoever; it's just a way to ensure prizes go where they should.
Step 4: Profit!
Note: you don't have to live in the New York area to donate or enter our contest.
Sound good? Thanks as always, serious eaters, for being a such a generous community of awesome people.
The standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.
Update: Wow, you're all awesome. Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. We've contacted winners about their prizes and are now closing this post to comments.