Identità Golose, an organization based in Milan that promotes the best of Italian cuisine, hosted their third annual Identità New York last weekend in partnership with the one and only Eataly. The three-day event featured a series of cooking demos and two five-course dinners from some of the best chefs of Italy and New York, all under one roof.
We dropped in for Saturday night's dinner, hosted by Lidia Bastianich in Eataly' s rooftop Birreria (beer garden). The meal that night was prepared by a host of Michelin-starred chefs from all over Italy and New York City, namely:
- Chef Cesare Casella from Salumeria Rosi and Il Ristorante in NYC
- Chef Francesco Apreda of Imago in Rome, Italy
- Chef Antonio Guida of Il Pellicano in Porto Ercole, Italy
- Chef Pino Lavarra of Rossellini's in Ravello, Italy
- Chef Fortunato Nicotra, executive chef of Lidia Bastianich's UES restaurant Felidia
Each chef prepared a course in the five-course feast that ensued, effectively leading you on a trip though some of the finest Italian restaurants of both Italy and New York.
Click though the slideshow to see the beautiful food and people we found there!
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.