Tips and tricks for making the best sandwiches at home.
A really good chicken sandwich can be hard to find; so many are dry or stringy or downright boring. But great chicken—juicy, flavorful, maybe with some crisp skin in the mix—is perfect sandwich fodder. You can't really beat fried chicken on a bun, but it's just as good grilled and stacked with avocado, roasted and slicked with fat...or, well, we'll let this list of chicken sandwich stars speak for itself. Click through the slideshow above to see them all, or jump to a specific sandwich below.
- Chicken Francese at Rubirosa
- Rubirosa Sandwich at Rubirosa
- Chicken Parm at Parm
- Chicken Kati Roll at Delhi Heights in Jackson Heights
- Fried Chicken at Bob White Lunch and Supper Counter
- Rotisserie Chicken at Foragers City Grocer
- Chicken Sandwich at Sheep Station
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich at Harissa Cafe
- Chicken Katsu at Tebaya
- Arepa at Coppelia
- Pollo Rostizado Torta at La Esquina
- The Howling at Wolfnights
- Harissa Honey Roasted Chicken at The Smile
- Chicken Sandwich at Radish
- Chicken Sandwich at James
- Chicken Thigh Wrap at Purbird
- Pistachio Chicken on Brioche at Dominique Ansel
- The Bufalo at Luscious Foods
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.