Buying tips, techniques, and recipes, no matter how you like them.
What is it about breakfast sandwiches? They're always just what you wanted, and they're so much better than just plain breakfast. Whether they feature melted cheese or a runny yolk, they're almost always oozing with warm and gooey yellow deliciousness, all caught in the crumb of two pieces of bread, biscuits, English muffins, and other starchy cradles. In our continued celebration of National Sandwich Month, here are 17 of our favorite breakfast sandwiches, each so good you'll be looking forward to your alarm going off in the morning.
- Mr. Victor at Court Street Grocers
- Jeff at City Sandwich
- Chicken and Egg Sandwich at Northern Spy Food Co.
- Eggplant Egg Sandwich at Farm on Adderley
- Bacon Banjo At Pies 'N' Thighs
- Cheddar & Scallion Frittata at Bklyn Larder
- Egg Sandwich at Bluebird Sky
- Cheddar Ham Biscuit with a Soft-Boiled Egg at Iris Cafe
- Perfect Little Egg Sandwich at Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Shakshuka at Taboonette
- Chorizo, Egg, and Cheese on a Roll at Eggs Travaganza
- Roast Pork, Ciabatta, & Fried Eggs At Maialino
- Scrambled Egg on a Roll at Toby's Estate
- Sabeech at Taboonette
- The Egg Sandwich at Juventino
- Lamb Bacon and Egg at Parish Hall
- Chorizo and Egg at Egg
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.