Like so many New York City neighborhoods, the East Village continues to shed the remnants of its gritty past with each passing week (RIP Mars Bar). Whatever your take on the matter, this gentrification has resulted in a boom of "fast-casual" and single-item establishments (This Little Piggy, Luke's Lobster, and Dumpling Man to name a few). From the culinary favela of St. Marks to the gems dotted throughout Alphabet City, the East Village will never leave you stranded too far from a great midnight snack. Here are 15 late night bites we love in the neighborhood, open until at least midnight and often later. Hit them up all up in the slideshow above or jump to a specific slide below.
- Pizza at Artichoke Basille's and Solo Pizza
- Yakitori at Yakitori Taisho
- Soft Serve Creations at Dessert Club Chikalicious
- Okonomiyaki at Decibel
- This Way, That Way, The Other Thing, and The Popeye Way at This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef
- Fries and Dipping Sauce at Pommes Frites
- Pudding at Puddin'
- Ramen at Rai Rai Ken
- Tacos at Tacos Morelos
- Bar Snacks at Terroir
- Burgers at Whitmans and Royale
- Wackadoo Hot Dogs at Crif Dogs and Japadog
- The Conflicted Jew at Joe Dough
- Chicken Wings at Kasadela Izakaya
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.