For the past 19 years, Dessert Professional Magazine has named their top picks for the top pastry chefs across America, and last night gathered this year's top 10 at the Institute of Culinary Education for an all-out sugar-shocked celebration of sweets. Chefs fron New York's The Modern, Eleven Madison Park, Bosie Tea Parlor, Daniel, and Momofuku Milk Bar were all honored, along with amazing chocolatiers and pastry experts from across the country. Much French vocabulary was dusted off. Much passion fruit was in attendance. And far more sugar and dairy was eaten than is recommended for a three hour stretch of time usually reserved for, you know, dinner.
Check out the slideshow above for scenes from the night. Here are all the honorees:
- Nathaniel Reid, Norman Love Confections, Naples FL
- Jean-Marie Auboine, Jean-Marie Auboine Chocolatier, Las Vegas, NV
- Chris Hanmer, The School of Pastry Design, Las Vegas, NV
- Sally Camacho, WP24, Los Angeles, CA
- Craig Harzewski, Naha, Chicago, IL
- Sandro Micheli, Daniel, NYC
- Marc Aumont, The Modern, NYC
- Christina Tosi, Momofuku Milk Bar, NYC
- Damien Herrgott, Bosie Tea Parlor, NYC
- Angela Pinkerton, Eleven Madison Park, NYC
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.