There's probably nothing duller than steamed cauliflower—which is why cauliflower in just about any other form gets us so excited. Roasted or fried, it turns crisp-tender with irresistible nutty brown bits. Blended with cream or butter, it becomes rich and silken, a decadent soup or purée. And that's just scratching the surface.
In canvassing the city for Vegetable Month, we've had excellent cauliflower dishes in New York from chefs of all culinary persuasions. Here are ten of our favorites.
All the Dishes...
1. Cauliflower Smørrebrød at Vandaag
2. Cauliflower with garlic, lemon, and gremolata at Ardesia
3. Cauliflower Salad at Mimi's Hummus
4. Caramelized Cauliflower at Joseph Leonard
5. Cauliflower side from Bark
6. Cauliflower at Tanoreen
7. Cauliflower at Parm
8. Heirloom Cauliflower, Pear, Sage at The Dutch
9. Manchurian Cauliflower at Devi
10. Fried Cauliflower at Rainbow Falafel & Shawarma
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.