Trying to come up with my favorite eight bites this year is a damn near impossible task: first of all, to remember everything; second of all, to rank everything. (Third of all, to grudgingly concede certain bites to Kenji and Ed.)
But here are the discoveries this year that most stick out in my mind. From Astoria to Chinatown, fritters to foie gras, they're all remarkable enough to deserve that "Best Bite" designation.
This Year in Great Bites
1. Chicken at The Beagle »
2. Egg in a Hole with Tripe at Fedora »
3. Foie Gras Doughnut at Do or Dine »
4. Tofu Bowl at Korilla BBQ »
5. Corn Fritters at The Monkey Bar »
6. Mee Goreng at Laut »
7. Pumpkin Bun at Golden Steamer »
8. "Freddy's Junior" at King of Falafel and Shawarma »
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.