From sandwiches and samosas to spicy eggplant and summer mushrooms, we had no shortage of good vegetarian fare this year. We asked our Vegetarian Option columnists Howard Walfish and Laura Togut to share their favorite vegetarian dishes of the year. Here's what they loved!*
*Some dishes may be out of season, but here's hoping they come around again in 2012.
Best Veg Bites
1. Samosa With Chickpeas at Punjabi Deli »
2. Mulata from Caracas »
3. Portobello Con Pesche from Eataly's Le Verdure »
4. Pickled Green Tea Leaf Salad at Cafe Mingala »
5. Lasagnette di Verdure from Bianca »
6. Egg Kothu Roti at Dosa Garden »
7. Calabro Mozzarella Sandwich at Earl's Beer & Cheese »
8. Kary Tuek at the Cambodian Truck »
9. Bean Salad from Prince St Cafe »
10. Welsh Rarebit from Tea & Sympathy »
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.