From two new bakeries opened by Daniel Boulud alums to ice cream shops and Cuban diners with killer dessert menus, 2011 saw all sorts of sweets destinations opening up in New York. Here, in no particular order, are 10 of our favorite sugary bites from new shops in the city.
Desserts We Love
1. Dominique's Kouign Amann at Dominique Ansel Bakery
2. Eclairs at Epicerie Boulud
3. Chocolate Chip Doughnut at the Doughnut Plant
4. Pain au Chocolat at Mille-Feuille Patisserie
5. Salted Crack Caramel at Ample Hills Creamery
6. Olive Oil Torreja at Coppelia
7. Soft Serve at Takashi
8. Macarons at Ladureé
9. Carrot Cake Spoon Bread at Buvette
10. Matcha Eclair at Bosie Tea Parlor
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.