So crispy. So brown. And yet so potato-y. The skin-on French fries at Shopsin's are a fine reminder that a pile of fries can be a crunchy, oily, salty undertaking without losing their essential potato character. Even after fifteen minutes on the table, these kept an impressive crunch. An order is $5 on its own, but if you get fries without Kenny's sliders—some of the best in New York—you are doing yourself a grave disservice.
More on Shopsin's
- 'Eat Me: The Food and Philosophy of Kenny Shopsin' »
- Shopsin's General Store, for the Best Sliders in New York City »
- Shopsin's General Store Revisited: A Burger Improved By a New Bun »
- Grilled Cheese French Toast at Shopsin's »
- The SOS at Shopsin's »
- Serious Eats Inspires State Fair Plate at Shopsins »
Essex Street Market, 120 Essex Street, New York NY 10002 (map) shopsins.com
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.