Best known for their vegan chocolates and wine pairings, Cocoa V in Chelsea also turns out solid vegan cupcakes, I was pleasantly surprised to discover. Vanilla on vanilla, red velvet, and my favorite: chocolate on chocolate. The chocolate cream cheese frosting is satiny smooth, individual pipes topping off the cake. As for the cake base itself? Dense, dark, and consistently moist. Nothing earth-shattering, mind you, but a reliable break from Babycakes on the Lower East Side, which at times, seems to have cornered the market on vegan baked goods.
- New Vegan Chocolatier Cocoa V Hits Chelsea »
- Soho's New Birdbath 'Build a Green Bakery' »
- Stogo's Red Velvet Spelt Ice Cream »
- Vegan Dougnuts by Babycakes »
- Angelica Kitchen, A Vegan Haven in the East Village »
- The Best Vegan Pizza Tip Ever: MARINARA PIE »
- The Vegetarian Option: Dirt Candy »
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.