All right, we'll confess: this isn't our favorite holiday at Serious Eats. Of all the treats out there, cupcakes aren't particularly high on our collective list.
But if you love cupcakes, there's hardly a better city than New York. (And there do still seem to be an awful lot of cupcake-lovers out there.) So to all those celebrating: be discriminating! You've got many, many cupcakes to choose from.
After the jump, a few cupcakes we can recommend.
A Few Recommendations
- Ed's Favorite Cupcakes: Dessert Club ChikaLicious
- 'Dirty' Cupcake at Sweet Revenge
- Pistachio Cupcake at Pinisi Bakery
- Brooklyn Blackout Cupcake from Ladybird Bakery
- Butter Lane, Great Cupcakes in the East Village
- Cupcakes from Nine Cakes, the Perfect Combination of Cake and Frosting
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.