Well, I finally got Serious Eater Adam Kuban to stop at Trois Pommes (it's a block from his house, so I don't think it was an unreasonable request), and I have to say that Emily Isaac's bakery is already a top ten New York bakery, and it's quite possible that it could make it into my top five or even—perish the thought—my top three. And I have seriously high standards for bakeries and a bad jones for good baked goods. Serious Eaters, if you've been, let me know what you've tried.
This is what Adam brought in:
An extraordinary chocolate chip scone, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- A mini-pumpkin cheesecake studded with pumpkin seeds that was refreshingly unsweet
- A moist and sticky sticky bun loaded with flavor
- A solid if unspectacular banana bread
- A creamy, perfect, lovely mini-quiche lorraine
- An eminently skippable croissant
I look forward to trying many more things at Trois Pommes.
Here's a Chowhound thread that's generally quite positive.
Trois Pommes Patisserie
Address: 260 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11215 (near Garfield Place)
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.