More than 2 1/2 years ago, Ed Levine started the blog Ed Levine Eats as a way to share all the deliciousness he discovered every day in New York. At the beginning of 2008 he invited other contributors (or, as he likes to call them, "Missionaries of Delicious") to add their food finds to the site. A few months later, Serious Eats: New York was born. Our goal is to give you all the information you need to find New York deliciousness, whether you live here or are just visiting. Here's how we do it:
- Food Reviews, New York–Style: Direct and to the point, we tell you what's delicious and what's not
- Foodies' Favorites: New York's chefs and food pros talk to us about their favorite New York eats
- Where to Find the Best: Food guides to New York's neighborhoods and communities
- Shopping Advice: Updated food-purveyor recommendations from Ed Levine's book, New York Eats
- NYC Recipes: Simple and delicious recipes from New York's best cooks and restaurants
- Greenmarket Reports: What you'll find at the Greenmarket this week. Locavores, rejoice!
- NYC Events: All the food events in the city worth checking out
- Messageboard and Blog Round-Ups: In Smörgåsboard, we keep tabs on New York food boards and blogs so you don't have to
- Daily New York Food Headlines: What you need to know about food in the city today
- Chew the Fat: Start talking about everything delicious in New York. Get tips, advice, and recommendations from the community of serious eaters
- Weekly Email Newsletter: Get the tastiest bites from Serious Eats: New York delivered to your inbox, once a week. Sign up today!