Slideshow18 Winter-Proof Pastas in NYC
In frosty times like these, few things are as satisfying as digging into a hearty plate of pasta. But this isn't the season for light olive oil and tomato dishes—we're craving cream and butter sauces, meaty ragus, and lots of lasagna. To that end, here are some of our favorite pastas for fighting back the cold.
A note: restaurant menus change all the time, but this guide focuses on pastas so good they're available year-round. That said, we've also included some seasonal pastas we've loved of late, which are marked as such. See them all in the slideshow above or jump straight to what sounds tastiest below.
- Spaghettone Cacio e Pepe at La Pasta
- Pappardelle with Porcini Mushrooms at Luna Rossa
- Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli at Celeste
- Rigatoni a la Vodka at Bamonte's
- Pasta alla Norma at Otto
- Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil at Scarpetta
- Spaghetti with Olive Oil and Garlic at Park Side
- Red Sauce with Prosciutto Necks at Di Palo's
- 100 Layer Lasagne alla Piastra at Del Posto
- Garganelli Verde at L'Apicio
- Fusilli with Octopus and Bone Marrow at Marea
- Malfatti at Al Di Là
- Tortellini at Osteria Morini
- Lasagnette di Verdure at Bianca
- Lasagna Napoletana For Two at Rubirosa
Seasonal—Get 'Em While You Can!
- Potato, Pancetta, and Rosemary Tortelli at Locanda Vini e Olii
- Rigatoni at Piora
- Orecchiette with Lamb Sausage at Del Posto