Weather this cold demands something braised, and coq au vin is near the top of our braised meat wish list. We took a peek inside Bar Boulud's kitchen with Executive Chef Olivier Quignon to see how they make theirs. Take a look at the slideshow to see it from start to finish.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Special Sauce: Carla Hall on Crank Calls, Hot Chicken, and Unlocking Your Creativity
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)