Max's Best New York Bites of 2013
I took over 10,000 photos in 2013, most of which were food. As it turns out, the best way to compile a year-end list of the best things you've eaten is to always have a camera on hand to jog your memory.
Of course no list is perfect, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a slice of pizza that I vowed would become a regular part of my eating rotation, or a new cookie to end all cookies, or some plate of noodles that won my heart. But here goes: 18 uniquely delicious things that made my year, from the East Village and Greenpoint to Staten Island and New Hyde Park, a pretty accurate portrait of how I eat. See them all in the slideshow or jump straight to what sounds tastiest below.
And note to Max of 2014: more vegetables, maybe? Just a thought.
- Lamb Dumplings at Tianjin Dumpling House
- The ProZack at Shopsins
- Pad Ped Moo Krob at Larb Ubol
- Potato Pancakes at Stage Restaurant
- Mezze at Grill 43
- Whole Hog Barbecue from the Arrogant Swine
- Achar at Woodside Cafe
- Hummus at Local 92
- Cauliflower at Alder
- Roti Kotthu at New Asha
- Gelato at A. B. Biagi
- Cheese Dumplings at MP Taverna
- Tokri Chaat at Mumbai Xpress
- Orange Cake at Titan Foods
- Egg Custard Tarts at Teixeiras Bakery
- Beef Tartare at Skàl
- Chocolate Babka at Breads Bakery
- Octopus at E Taverna