Kenji's 8 Best Bites in New York From 2013
It it just me, or has it been a good year for Asian food in New York, both traditional and modern? If my list of the eight best things I've eaten all year is any measure, then yes. It contains a whopping five dishes built on Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or Thai foundations. The rest are a mix of pasta, rice, and, er, bone marrow. No list is complete without bone marrow, right?
Check out my picks in the slideshow above, or jump straight to an individual slide below:
- The Marrow from The Marrow
- Whitefish Donburi from Ivan Ramen
- The Tasting Menu from Yuji Ramen
- Snail and Rabbit Paella from Toro
- Orecchiette With Lamb Sausage and Carrots from Del Posto
- Husband and Wife Beef From Han Dynasty
- Everything at Tanoshi Sushi
- The Scallion Pancake From Hanjan
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.