Send Your NYC Restaurant Questions to 'Ask the Critic'
Once upon a time, I understood why tourists stood in line at Magnolia. Not because I think they have the best cupcakes in the city; not because I think it's a particularly smart use of time. But because, seven-odd years ago, fancy cupcakes weren't yet A Thing across the country; and if you wanted fancy cupcakes, well, New York was in fact the place to get them. Today, though, when every American city from Peoria to Walla Walla has its own cupcakery—why waste your limited hours in New York?
Get all her suggestions here.
Have a question of your own you want answered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Ask the Critic to submit your question. All emails will be read, but unfortunately not all can be answered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Previously on Ask the Critic
- What Are Some Alternatives to NYC Tourist Traps?
- Where To Get Lunch Near Penn Station?
- Any Advice for a Fellow Critic?
- Birthday Cake Delivery in Manhattan
- My Brooklyn 'Vacation,' a Guide for Manhattanites
- The Best Non-Brunchy Brunches
- Where Do You Actually Like to Drink?
- A Farewell Food Tour of NYC
- Here's How Tipping Actually Works
- On Restaurant Critics and Expense Accounts
- What Celebrity Chef Restaurants Are Really Worth It?
- What Can I Bring to a Dinner Party?
- 'Real' Chinese Food in NYC
- What 'New York' Food Souvenirs Can I Bring Home?
- Can I Do Tasting Menus with My Food Intolerances?
- Best Date Night Restaurants in NYC
- 'Good Steak and Good Whiskey'
- Quiet Restaurant for a Goodbye Dinner
- Are Cronuts Worth the Line?