Welcome to our fair borough! Here's hoping you'll find a lot to love, and props to you for hopping on over and taking a chance.
What you'll quickly find--and may already know, if you've done a bit of looking--is that "small, farm-to-table type restaurants" and "take reservations" share a very thin sliver on the Venn diagram of Brooklyn.
Read on for her picks here.
Have a question of your own you want answered? Email [email protected] with the subject line Ask the Critic to submit your question. All emails will be read, but unfortunately not all can be answered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Previously on Ask the Critic
- My Brooklyn 'Vacation,' a Guide for Manhattanites
- The Best Non-Brunchy Brunches
- Where Do You Actually Like to Drink?
- A Farewell Food Tour of NYC
- Here's How Tipping Actually Works
- On Restaurant Critics and Expense Accounts
- What Celebrity Chef Restaurants Are Really Worth It?
- What Can I Bring to a Dinner Party?
- 'Real' Chinese Food in NYC
- What 'New York' Food Souvenirs Can I Bring Home?
- Can I Do Tasting Menus with My Food Intolerances?
- Best Date Night Restaurants in NYC
- 'Good Steak and Good Whiskey'
- Quiet Restaurant for a Goodbye Dinner
- Are Cronuts Worth the Line?
- Where to Eat Lunch in Soho, Best Italian Combos
- UWS Date Spots, Franklin Avenue and Crown Heights
- Non-Alcoholic Cocktails; Where to Eat in Ditmas Park and South Slope
- Group Dinner Questions
- Where to Eat in Downtown Brooklyn, Best NYC Pizza