Send Your NYC Restaurant Questions to 'Ask the Critic'
Always be thoughtful, always be thorough. Your job is not to record your own unedited thoughts ("I don't usually like mushrooms on my pizza but this was delicious!") or unexamined reactions ("The service seemed off," full stop.) Your job is to think more deeply about restaurants than everyone else around you, to inform yourself as much as possible, and to strive for objectivity whenever possible.
Read the full story here.
Have a question of your own you want answered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Ask the Critic to submit your question. All emails will be read, but unfortunately not all can be answered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Previously on Ask the Critic
- Any Advice for a Fellow Critic?
- Birthday Cake Delivery in Manhattan
- My Brooklyn 'Vacation,' a Guide for Manhattanites
- The Best Non-Brunchy Brunches
- Where Do You Actually Like to Drink?
- A Farewell Food Tour of NYC
- Here's How Tipping Actually Works
- On Restaurant Critics and Expense Accounts
- What Celebrity Chef Restaurants Are Really Worth It?
- What Can I Bring to a Dinner Party?
- 'Real' Chinese Food in NYC
- What 'New York' Food Souvenirs Can I Bring Home?
- Can I Do Tasting Menus with My Food Intolerances?
- Best Date Night Restaurants in NYC
- 'Good Steak and Good Whiskey'
- Quiet Restaurant for a Goodbye Dinner
- Are Cronuts Worth the Line?