Send Your NYC Restaurant Questions to 'Ask the Critic'
There's a huge distinction between bars with great cocktails and bars I really want to hang out at. For instance: Unless I'm writing about it, I never go to Death + Co. It's not about their cocktails, which are beautifully crafted, or their prices, which aren't anything unusual these days. It's that I don't like waiting in line. I don't like going down the block for a pre-drink drink and constantly watching my phone for a "You're allowed in!" phone call. I don't like sitting at a tiny table in a dark room. I don't feel like I can get drunk there! I feel like I'm supposed to whisper and gaze deeply into my whiskey and think important thoughts.
Read on for her picks here.
Have a question of your own you want answered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Ask the Critic to submit your question. All emails will be read, but unfortunately not all can be answered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Previously on Ask the Critic
- Where Do You Actually Like to Drink?
- A Farewell Food Tour of NYC
- Here's How Tipping Actually Works
- On Restaurant Critics and Expense Accounts
- What Celebrity Chef Restaurants Are Really Worth It?
- What Can I Bring to a Dinner Party?
- 'Real' Chinese Food in NYC
- What 'New York' Food Souvenirs Can I Bring Home?
- Can I Do Tasting Menus with My Food Intolerances?
- Best Date Night Restaurants in NYC
- 'Good Steak and Good Whiskey'
- Quiet Restaurant for a Goodbye Dinner
- Are Cronuts Worth the Line?
- Where to Eat Lunch in Soho, Best Italian Combos
- UWS Date Spots, Franklin Avenue and Crown Heights
- Non-Alcoholic Cocktails; Where to Eat in Ditmas Park and South Slope
- Group Dinner Questions
- Where to Eat in Downtown Brooklyn, Best NYC Pizza