Everything's in Season at the Union Square Greenmarket, Here's What to Cook with It
It's time to go to the market. Hot weather is finally here, which is a drag, but that means that just about everything is in season right now. We're seeing tomatoes, corn, peaches, plums, okra, eggplant, peppers, blueberries, currants, gooseberries, beans, peas, and a lot more. Click through the slideshow for a closer look, and check out the recipes below for ideas on what to do with it all.
Also this week, we wanted to share a video from friend of Serious Eats and Now This News host Katie Quinn, all about peas. Check it out below.
The Union Square Greenmarket is open on the North and West sides of Union Square Park every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Mexican Fried Eggplant Sandwich (Vegan Tortas and Pambazos)
- Braised Eggplant with Tofu in Garlic Sauce
- Easy Awesome Eggplant Tian
- Steamed Buns with Tempura King Oyster Mushrooms and Agave-Miso Mayonnaise (Vegan)
- Pickled Oyster Mushrooms
- Charred Radicchio With Balsamic Vinegar and Bacon
- Make-Ahead Farro with Radicchio, Prosciutto and Orange