I started writing for Sugar Rush in late 2007, nearly six years ago. That's been one sweet every weekday. It's a wonder I am not the size of an elephant by now. And only in a city like New York could you do this for so long and never repeat a sweet.
Hundreds of cakes, confections, matcha lattes, chocolate soufflés, and mille-feuilles later, and I'm heading out for new adventures...more to come soon. But first, a huge thank you for reading all these years. And super thanks to the Serious Eats family for embracing my sweet tooth and bringing me along on the journey. I'll still be contributing stories from time to time, so it is not goodbye forever!
For now, here's a little collection of my ten favorite posts over the years. Click on through and have an extra dessert for me, please.
- Dessert Trolley at The Modern
- Avocado Ice Cream at Sundaes & Cones
- Banana Mille-Feuille at Lady M
- Snow Clouds at La Boîte Biscuits & Spices
- Dessert Tasting at Per Se
- Madelines at Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Olive Oil Cake at Abraço
- Baked Alaska at DBGB
- Rice and Olive Oil Gelato at L'arte del Gelato
- Afternoon Tea in NYC