A Hamburger Today
10 Great Breakfasts in the East Village
The East Village may be best known these days as a nightlife neighborhood, but it also has breakfast down. And we don't mean brunch: we mean breakfast, available before you go to work on a weekday, something to nourish you rather than just nurse a hangover.
Whether you're looking for a quick bite or a proper sit-down breakfast, sweet or savory, here are ten restaurants and cafes we love for a morning meal. See them all in the slideshow above or head straight to what looks tasty below.
- Breakfast Sandwiches at Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria
- Chocolate-Chai Cake at Liquiteria
- Chilaquiles at Puebla
- Cinnamon Sugar Yeast Doughnut at Peels
- Breakfast Sandwiches at Bite
- Almond Cream Babka at Abraço
- Homemade Corned Beef Hash at Stage Restaurant
- Egg and Bacon Pie at Tuck Shop
- Blintzes and Egg Sandwiches at Veselka
- Huevos Racheros at Downtown Bakery