15 Great Late Night Bites in Midtown
Our previous forays into New York's late night eating have so far been pretty easygoing. The East Village does late night food like that's its job, and the Meatpacking district is home to many alternatives to big box clubs and overpriced restaurants.
Head farther uptown and it starts to get tricky. "Late night" starts meaning 10 or 11, and the city's buffet of booze-sponge marvels slips down to slim pickings.
But there's plenty of demand for late night food in midtown: long nights at the office, after dark trips to Grand Central, trips to Times Square, and the like. So with that in mind, here are fifteen great ways to feed your late night belly grumbles, even if some are only "late" by midtown standards.
- Fried Pizza at Don Antonio
- Chicken and Lamb Over Rice at Famous Halal Guys
- Ramen at Hide-Chan Ramen
- Budae Jjigae at Pocha 32
- ShackBurger at Shake Shack
- Soft Serve at Kyotofu
- Bar Snacks at Ardesia
- Mexican Sandwiches at Tehuitzingo Deli Grocery
- Slices at Two Boots
- Assorted Plates at Sake Bar Hagi
- Burgers and Shakes at the Burger Joint
- Korean Fried Chicken at Bon Chon Chicken
- Kati Rolls at The Kati Roll Company
- Elevated Street Meat at Kwik Meal Cart
- Burgers at P.J. Clarke's