We'll just come out and say it: we really love hummus. We have no problem with grabbing some pita and calling it dinner. And then there's tahini, the sesame paste that improves pretty much anything it touches. We love that too.
There are many, many ways to get your hummus and tahini on in this city, and here are a few: jumbles of spiced meat on beds of hummus, sandwiches that let tahini shine, and markets were you can buy some especially good stuff. Take a look at them all in the slideshow above or head straight to a dish below. Then tell us: where do you go for awesome hummus and tahini?
- Meat Hummus at Mimi's Hummus
- Iraqi Sandwich at Mimi's Hummus
- Edamame Hummus Sandwich at Teanyssimo (fka Teany)
- Eggplant and Tahini at Cafe Mogador
- Kruveet Pita at Taboonette
- Sabich at Chick-P
- Moutabbal Almayass at Almayass
- Hummus at Bedouin Tent
- Cauliflower Salad at Tanoreen
- Hummus Sandwich at Taim
- Hummus at Sahadi's
- Lamb Segar Hummus at Bab al Yemen
- Tahini on Everything at Zizi Limona
- Tahini Sauce at Kalustyan's