Creativity behind the bar doesn't just extend to fancy cocktails and extensive beer and wine lists. From fancy finger foods to hearty booze-absorbing entrées, here are my most memorable bar eats from this year.
- Creamy Polenta from Saint Austere
- Oxtail Soup with Liver Dumplings from Fort Defiance
- Sausage Bread with Ricotta from The Wayland
- Prawn Dumplings at Madam Geneva
- Pork Belly Watermelon Salad at Sake Bar Satsko
- Ceviche Bar at Raymi
- Double Diablo Deviled Eggs at 508 Gastrobrewery
- Ahi Tuna Flatbread at Prospect
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas at Tequileria Maya
- Nutella & Goat Milk's Ricotta Pressed Sandwich at Huckleberry Bar
About the author: Nancy Huang, who comes to New York by way of Los Angeles, writes The Wanderist, a food and travel blog of adventures here and abroad. She loves noodles, subway maps, and word games.