Bar Eats' 10 Best New York Bar Bites of 2012
Creativity behind the bar doesn't just extend to fancy cocktails and extensive beer and wine lists. From fancy finger foods to hearty booze-absorbing entrées, here are my most memorable bar eats from this year.
- Creamy Polenta from Saint Austere
- Oxtail Soup with Liver Dumplings from Fort Defiance
- Sausage Bread with Ricotta from The Wayland
- Prawn Dumplings at Madam Geneva
- Pork Belly Watermelon Salad at Sake Bar Satsko
- Ceviche Bar at Raymi
- Double Diablo Deviled Eggs at 508 Gastrobrewery
- Ahi Tuna Flatbread at Prospect
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas at Tequileria Maya
- Nutella & Goat Milk's Ricotta Pressed Sandwich at Huckleberry Bar
About the author: Nancy Huang, who comes to New York by way of Los Angeles, writes The Wanderist, a food and travel blog of adventures here and abroad. She loves noodles, subway maps, and word games.