Thanks to everyone who came out for our Pie and Wine Social at the Brooklyn Winery on Sunday, a delicious fundraiser for Edible Schoolyard. It was a nice escape from the rainy gray day outside, especially under the skylight in the Williamsburg winery's atrium where we nibbled on some of our favorite pies in the city. With a slice in one hand and a wine glass in the other, it was a fun way to spend the fall afternoon.
Let's eat those pies all over again:
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Black-Bottom Oatmeal Pie.
- Yura on Madison: "Bananayama" (banana and sweet potato) and a Plum Almond Tart
- First Prize Pies: Bourbon Ginger Pecan
- Two Little Red Hens: Ginger Plum Crumble and a "Fall Medley" pie with apples and pears.
- Our very own Kenji Lopez-Alt: Jars of Beef Pie with Double Smoked Bacon, Figs, and Prunes, as well as the veg option: Deeper 'n Ever Turnip 'n Tater 'n Beetroot Pie. On the side: fennel salad!
A special shout-out to two of our readers, both named Max and in the seventh grade, who "dragged their dad along" to eat pie (unfortunately no wine for these two little dudes) and meet Kenji. They even brought a white t-shirt for him and the rest of the SE crew to autograph.
We hope everyone left full of wine and pie! See photos from the event here >>