Slideshow10 Can't-Miss Autumn Sweets in NYC
If I had it my way, pumpkin, apple, pecan, and all those warming, autumn-inspired treats would appear on the menu of bakeries and sweet shops all year long. But since that isn't happening anytime soon, I'll take what I can get for the next few months. That means caramel-laced pumpkin scones, pecan tarts with a spicy gingerbread crust, cranberry and apple cobblers topped with chantilly cream, and pumpkin custards. And that's just the beginning. Click through the slideshow above to find ten autumnal sweets you should be eating right now, or head straight to what looks best to you below.
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler at Bouchon Bakery
- Pumpkin Ice Cream at Sundaes and Cones
- Spiced Lattes and Pumpkin Cookies at Grounded
- Pumpkin Trifle at Sugar Sweet Sunshine
- Ginger-Pecan Tart at Sarabeth's
- Pumpkin Brownies at Fat Witch Bakery
- Pumpkin Parfait at Three Tarts
- Pumpkin Scones at Alice's Tea Cup
- Pecan-Apple Topping at Shake Shack
- Pumpkin Custard at Soba Totto
About the author: Originally from Honolulu, Kathy YL Chan blogs at Kathy YL Chan, where she chronicles her eats and travel adventures between Hawai'i, New York and beyond. She firmly believes that there is always room for dessert.