If given a choice between soft-serve and regular ice cream, I'd take soft-serve in a second. I'm crazy for its airy-light texture, how it's always perfectly lick-off-the-cone-able. And New York happens to be an excellent place for soft-serve, ranging from treats as simple as Mr. Softee to as complex as coconut soy milk soft-serve or goat's milk orange blossom. Come see 7 of our favorites in the city!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants