It stopped raining just in time for last night's 7th Annual Taste of LIC, a benefit event for The Chocolate Factory Theatre. Nearly 50 Long Island City-based restaurants and vendors assembled under a huge white tent on the waterfront at Gantry Plaza State Park. There was a gorgeous view of Manhattan, but the view was the last thing hungry attendees were interested in. With so many spots sampling their most popular items, it was quite difficult to navigate the crowds and taste everything offered (turns out we sadly missed M. Wells), but we tried our hardest, and among the great food, here are some of our standout bites of the night. Check out the slideshow above to see them all.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do