It stopped raining just in time for last night's 7th Annual Taste of LIC, a benefit event for The Chocolate Factory Theatre. Nearly 50 Long Island City-based restaurants and vendors assembled under a huge white tent on the waterfront at Gantry Plaza State Park. There was a gorgeous view of Manhattan, but the view was the last thing hungry attendees were interested in. With so many spots sampling their most popular items, it was quite difficult to navigate the crowds and taste everything offered (turns out we sadly missed M. Wells), but we tried our hardest, and among the great food, here are some of our standout bites of the night. Check out the slideshow above to see them all.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night
- Salt Lake Spirit: How Utah's Liquor Laws Foster Creativity Behind the Bar
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink