Last night's Food and Wine Best New Chef Awards brought together some of the greatest chefs (both new and old) from across the country as well as a few Food Network and Top Chef stars. The winners this year:
- Erik Anderson & Josh Habiger, The Catbird Seat, Nashville
- Danny Grant, RIA at the Waldorf Astoria, Chicago
- Dan Kluger, ABC Kitchen, New York City
- Corey Lee, Benu, San Francisco
- Jenn Louis, Lincoln Restaurant and Sunshine Tavern, Portland, OR
- Cormac Mahoney, Madison Park Conservatory, Seattle
- Bryant Ng, The Spice Table, Los Angeles
- Karen Nicolas, Equinox, Washington, DC
- Rich Torrisi & Mario Carbone, Torrisi Italian Specialties, New York City
- Blaine Wetzel, Willows Inn, Lummi Island, WA
Check out some of the action in the slideshow above.
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.