As August begins to wind down, it can start to feel like summer's over. If you find yourself in these doldrums, head to your local Greenmarket: it's positively bursting with peak season goodness, from tomatoes to corn to peaches and plums and more. Being in Union Square this week, it felt like we were just getting started. Click through the slideshow to see what looks good at the market right now.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer