Serious Eats Sandwich Festival: The Final Menu, Prepare to Salivate
We're at t-minus two days until our Sandwich Festival (!!). Tickets are sold-out and unfortunately there won't be any available at the door. But for those who will be joining us on Governors Island this Saturday for an afternoon of sandwich-inhaling, beer-swilling, and mingling with great folks, you have this menu to look forward to. It's, in a word, serious.
All the sandwiches, sliders, beers, wines, juices, popsicles, ice cream, pickles, and more—all of it, listed here. Cue happy tummy grumbles.
- Torrisi's Turkey Hero
- Locanda Verde's Lamb Meatball Sliders
- Gramercy Tavern's House-Smoked Ham and Cheese
- Best Pizza's Meatball Sub
- Salumeria Biellese's Culatello with Grilled Peaches and Mint
- Banh Mi Zon's Classic Banh mi
- Taim Mobile's Falafel
- Sullivan Street Bakery's Strecci
- Kenji's Famous Sliders
- Peanut Butter & Co.'s "Elvis" with PB, Banana and Honey (Bacon optional)
- 'wichcraft's Pork Belly and Zucchini-Ricotta
- Beer: The beer list is exciting and varied, with something for everyone from creamy porter to hoppy IPA, tart Flemish Red and peppery saison. What's pouring? Firestone Walker Brewing Company Double Jack Imperial IPA, Nebraska Brewing Company's barrel-aged Apricot Au Poivre Saison, Founders Brewing Company Porter, Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru, The Bruery (Trade Winds, Saison Rue, Saison de Lente, and Mischief), Captain Lawrence's Imperial IPA, Elysian Avatar Jasmine and Immortal IPA, Victory Summer of Love and Prima Pils, Sixpoint Righteous Rye and The Crisp, Blue Point Rastafar Rye, Toasted Lager, Hoptical Illusion, and Pale Ale, Thomas Hooker Blonde Ale, and Smuttynose IPA, Star Island Single, Shoal's Pale Ale, Robust Porter, and Old Brown Dog.
- Wine and Cider (poured into recyclable Govino glasses): Excellent Oregon pinot gris from Montinore Estate in Oregon, refreshing and crisp Greek wines from VOS Selections, local offerings from Channing Daughters, Bedell, and Shaw Vineyards, plus hard cider from Farnum Hill.
- Plenty of non-alcoholic options too: Awesome iced coffee from Counter Culture, a fruit basket of sodas from Fizzy Lizzy, and juices from Red Jacket!