From a caramelized tapioca topped in sweet basil seeds, to a banana pudding with a fat tempura-fried banana as the crowning touch, our city has no shortage of excellent puddings. There's a chocolate chip-studded number from Sugar Sweet Sunshine (in addition to their classic banana pudding, of course!); a bagel pudding from Russ & Daughters; and an al dente housemade rice pudding. Check out our 5 favorite puddings in the city.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew