Who doesn't like cream? Freshly whipped, thick and barely sweetened is how I prefer it, whether it's topping off a lush banana cream pie at Blue Smoke Bake Shop or served atop the chocolate mousse from Buvette. But it's excellent in all forms, including at Otto, where you get straight-up cream in the form of the Huckleberry-Mascarpone Cream Gelato. Break out the spoons!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials