Monday's New York edition of Taste of the Nation proved to be an epic meal. The highlights among the savory dishes included an insanely rich Spanish mackerel crudo from the Union Square Cafe, a cup of creamy stracciatella with sea urchin, caviar, and nasturtium granita from Roberta's, and a suckling pig croqueta from Bar Basque that came with a dropper of salsa verde and a slow cooked quail egg.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home