Monday's New York edition of Taste of the Nation proved to be an epic meal. The highlights among the savory dishes included an insanely rich Spanish mackerel crudo from the Union Square Cafe, a cup of creamy stracciatella with sea urchin, caviar, and nasturtium granita from Roberta's, and a suckling pig croqueta from Bar Basque that came with a dropper of salsa verde and a slow cooked quail egg.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout