SlideshowWhere To Eat Near Yankee Stadium
In anticipation of the Yankee's Opening Day 2011 on Thursday, we've put together this list of inexpensive and easily accessible local haunts near Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. From Ghanaian to Dominican food, they represent the changing demographics of the borough. While there are a handful of decent vendors at Yankee Stadium, why not skip the lines for a $7 Nathan's hot dog or $8 garlic fries and venture a little further afield?
- Fauzia's Heavenly Delights: Jamaican Fusion (Mon-Fri, 10-3:30 p.m. In June, Fauzia can be seen on Governor's Island Fri-Sun.)
- Bate African and American Food: Guinean (Mon-Fri, 8-2 a.m.; Sat-Sun, 8-4 a.m.)
- The Feeding Tree: Jamaican (Mon-Sat, 8:30am-10 p.m.; Sun, 10-8 p.m.)
- Justine: Dominican (Mon-Sun, 7-12 a.m.)
- Mi Pueblita: Mexican (Mon-Sun, 9-10:30 a.m.)
- Eye Adom: Ghanaian (Mon-Sunday, 9-10 p.m.)
- Z'Novia: soul food (Monday 5-10 p.m.; Tue-Thurs, 12-10 p.m.; Fri 12-1 a.m; Saturday 5-1 a.m.)
The Feeding Tree, Z'Novia and Justine accept major cards; the rest of the restaurants are cash only.
View Where to Eat Near Yankee Stadium in a larger map
Any other recommendations? Leave them in the comments!